Practice scheduling exercises
Consider the following processes:
- Draw a Gantt chart illustrating the execution of these processes using the
FCFS scheduling algorithm. (4 points)
- What is the average process turnaround time? (2 points)
- What is the average process waiting time? (2 points)
- Repeat question 1 (all parts) using the preemptive shortest job first (SJF)
- Repeat question 1 (all parts) using the round robin scheduling algorithm
with a time quantum $q=3$.
- Note that in the event that a process completes its time quantum at the
same time that another process arrives, the process just completing its
quantum is queued /ahead/ of the arriving process.